Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ARMAGEDDON - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ARMAGEDDON > Topics

Subject: THE NEW COVENANT
Replies: 5 Views: 737

oubaas 4.02.08 - 10:50am
(COPIED AND PASTED ON REQUEST OF THE SITE OWNER)

PART ONE:

endtimes 5/19/2007 - 9:39:44
A full understanding of the REALITY OF THE NEW COVENANT will forever rid us of all kinds of false humility and inferiority in our approach to the world and to God. Instead of being fearful, condemned and inferior we will develop a NEW BOLDNESS and CONFIDENCE in our fellowship with our FATHER and in our handling of pressure, calamity and adversity. We will therefore firstly look at the BACKGROUND of the NEW COVENANT. *

endtimes 5/19/2007 - 9:58:44
We are talking about the NEW COVENANT and not merely A COVENANT or THE COVENANT. The word NEW shows that there is an OLD, however we must understand that the NEW is not a replacement of the OLD, it is in actual fact a FULFILMENT or THE REALITY of the OLD. The old is the picture of the new. BLOOD IS THE FOUNDATION AND BASE of most world COVENANTS and especially those made between GOD and MANKIND. There is no dealing with God without blood. Blood is the only basis on which God can deal with mankind. Without blood there is no way to approach God or to communicate with God. Man's SIN is the reason for God requiring blood. Man's sin created the NECESSITY FOR A COVENANT. A Covenant is the act whereby two parties become RECONCILED to one another IN LIFELONG AGREEMENT. Before sin there was no reason for reconciliation and agreement. Isaiah 59:2 ' But your iniquities have seperated you from God; your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear'. WHY BLOOD? Ezekiel 18:4 'The soul who sins is the one who will surely die.' Leviticus 17:11 'For the life of the flesh is in the blood.' *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 10:48:01
Hebrews 9:22' According to the law almost all things are purged with blood and without THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD there is no remission of sins.' When blood is shed a life is taken and justice is satisfied: Therefore reconciliation can be made. Sin can only be blotted out when DEATH by the SHEDDING OF BLOOD takes place. Man is saved by a SUBSTITUTE acceptable by God as a sacrifice. We have a built-in GOD CONSCIOUSNESS. Most know about God but few KNOW GOD. They know that He is God, He is Creator who is mighty and powerful and awesome. He is everywhere and all knowing etc. Many know that man is God's creation who is weak, fragile, gets sick, suffers and dies etc. God is some distant impersonal being who judges the earth with all kinds of calamaties and disasters. This thinking is the result of knowing ABOUT GOD without KNOWING GOD. The BIBLE never tries to PROVE GOD'S EXISTANCE, IT DECLARES THAT GOD IS. When we know that GOD IS then we must find out WHO HE IS and WHAT HE IS LIKE. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 11:38:25
Psalm 8:4'What is man that You are mindful of him?' GOD IS MINDFUL OF MAN. Man is God's MASTERPIECE, THE CROWNING GLORY of His creation. God knows the value of His creation, since we are the product of GOD'S LOVE, and therefore this COVENANT OF LOVE is available to all who enter into it. THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION: When we enter this Covenant we become aware of the Fatherhood of God. HE IS A TRUE FATHER. GOD IS LOVE. He loves so much, that He gave Himself. God is not distant or aloof! He is not a stern judge! He has identified Himself through Jesus Christ, who is able to fully and completely enter into all our trials. GOD IS OUR CREATOR, HE KNOWS US intimately, God is unchangeable, He is always the same. He disciplines and develops our character, our faith, our love, our patience. Jeremiah 9:24 'Let him who glories, glory in this; That he UNDERSTANDS AND KNOWS ME, that I AM THE LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgement and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight, says the LORD. ' Whatever status or standing we have, GOD WANTS US TO KNOW HIM. He wants us to KNOW HIS LOVE, FAIRNESS, and RIGHTEOUSNESS. The BLOOD COVENANT IS GOD ACTING IN HIS LOVE. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 11:58:02
THE DEFINITION OF A COVENANT: A COVENANT is a sovereign administration of grace, divine in its origin, disclosure, confirmation, and fulfilment. The HEBREW word is BERITH. The GREEK word is DIATHEKE. Both words literally mean: TO CUT. Expanded it means: CUT A COVENANT BY SHEDDING BLOOD AND WALKING BETWEEN TWO PIECES OF FLESH. A blood covenant between two is the closest, most enduring, most solemn and most sacred of all contracts on earth. It can ABSOLUTELY NOT BE BROKEN. When a blood covenant is entered intoh a contract is made whereby both parties covenant to give LIFE, LOVE and PROTECTION FOREVES until DEATH parts you. Marraige is a blood covenant. Violating a blood covenant was punishable by death. THE PROCEDURE OF A COVENANT: - The HEBREW and other rituals: THE BLOOD COVENANT IS TAUGHT BY GOD and was a universal custom and has been practised in some form or another by many nations in existance. It seems to come natural to man TO SHED BLOOD TO MAKE ATONEMENT FOR SIN and ENMITY. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 12:12:39
From these customs we can identify NINE STEPS in entering into a BLOOD COVENANT: 1) REMOVAL OF COAT OR ROBE: The robe or coat represents the PERSON, their character and their nature. If i give my robe, i give you MYSELF, MY BEING, and MY LIFE as a pledge. Robes are exchanged. 2) THE REMOVAL OF THE BELT: The BELT which kept the armour together: dagger, bow, arrows, and sword is then removed and exchanged. I am giving you my STRENGTH and MY SUPPORT and i say: HERE IS ALL MY STRENGTH AND MY ABILITY IN WARFARE. If anyone attacks you they attack me. Your battles are MY battles. I will fight with you, help you, defend you and protect you. Your enemies are my enemies. Your friends are My friends. *To be continued* *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 2:02:42
3)CUT THE COVENANT: An animal is cut into two equal halves which are then laid on both sides of the parties who stand with their backs to each other. The two parties walk in the middle of these halves and turn around to face each other. What is declared in this action is that both are DENYING THEIR RIGHTS TO THEIR OWN LIVES, DYING TO SELF and WALKING A NEW SACRIFICIAL LIFE. As covenant partners walking between the pieces of sacrifice, a symbol of their binding CONTRACT, the partners say: pointing to the split torn apart animal, God do so to me and more if i try to break this covenant. Divide me in two and feed me to the vultures if i violate the sacred contract. 4) MIX BLOOD: An incision is made in the palms of the right hands and they are clasped together until the blood intermingles. The parties then swear ALLEGIANCE TO EACH OTHER. Two lives become one as each takes the nature of the other. *

endtimes 5/19/2007 - 2:19:05
5)EXCHANGE NAMES: The two parties exchange AUTHORITY and REPUTATION. 6) MAKE A SCAR: Ash is rubbed into the incisions to make the SCARS PERMANENT, the mark of the COVENANT MAN. When a scar is seen by another party they know that there is more to you than meets the eye. An enemy would be extremely cautious and wary of this COVENANT MAN. Henry Stanley the African Adventurer became the blood brother of FIFTY AFRICAN CHIEFS. When others saw these fifty scars on his right arm they retreated quickly. 7) First the blessings were read out where i DECLARE ALL MY as*ETS, MONEY, PROPERTY AND POSSESSIONS are yours. You do not ask for them, they are yours. If i die my dependants are your dependants and you are the head of my house. MY LIABILITIES are yours as well. BOTH as*ETS AND LIABILITIES ARE READ OUT before witnesses. 8)THE BREAD: Bread is broken and wine is drunk, symbolisin. our partaking of each other. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 2:40:58
9)MEMORIAL STONES: Stones are stacked or a tree is planted and the blood of the slain animal is sprinkled on it as a memorial for all to see. The parties become TRUE FRIENDS, a term used only of BLOOD BROTHERS. From now on their families are forever RELATED BY A BLOOD COVENANT, including ALL THEIR DESCENDANTS. EXAMPLES OF BLOOD COVENANTS: *Abraham and Abimelech *Jacob and Laban *(Genesis 21:21-34; 31:44-45) *David and Jonathan. 1Samuel 18:1-9 * DAVID- David was a mighty warrior and conquerer, a man after God's heart refusing to touch Saul, the Lord's annointed, even though Saul was antagonistic and destructive toward David, he nevertheless protected Saul knowing that he had favour with God. Jonathan loved David more than himself and they became blood brothers and friends. Jonathan protected David from his father. *

oubaas 4.02.08 - 10:51am
PART TWO:

endtimes 5/19/2007 - 3:01:35
Later Jonathantand Saul are killed in the battle of Jezreel. Sauls family now live in fear believing David would take vengeance as king. MEPHIBOSHETH: This is Jonathan's son who is crippled when his nurse drops him as a baby in her haste to escape. In the meantime David becomes king and rules over Israel. As king he asks for the survivors of Saul and Jonathan to be brought to him. But they are in hiding until eventually someone reveals where Mephibosheth is. David sends a procession of chariotrs to fetch him and in terror of his life Mephibosheth goes with them believing that his days are ended. But obviously Mephibosheth is fully restored with freedom and domain BECAUSE OF THE COVENANT. All his land is restored, the king's blessing is upon him, the past is forgiven, the palace is his and he is adopted. David could possibly show the scar of the covenant as proof. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 3:23:52
THE NEW COVENANT: We have just dealt with the types that foreshadowed the NEW TESTAMENT; that gave a picture of the NEW COVENANT THAT GOD the Father made with mankind. Saul and his family are a picture of REBELLIOUS MANKIND. God is typified by David whereas Jonathan is a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ, so much like David yet so much of Saul in him. Jonathan did not really fit into Saul's family but was inseperably part of it. The fullness of God physically dwelt in Jesus Christ; in HIM IS LIFE- HE IS LIFE'S SOURCE. By Jesus Christ, from within Him, were all things CREATED. As the Creator His worth is EQUAL AND MORE TO ALL CREATED. God became the man He created- the CREATOR BECAME THE CREATURE WHILE STILL BEING THE CREATOR. GOD stood in for all creation. His life is equal to all creation including every man born of a woman. God the Father could legitamately enter into a covenant with PERFECT MAN the Lord Jesus Christ and thereafter forever be obligated as a COVENANT PARTNER toward mankind. This scheme originated in the wisdom of God and it was God's idea. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 3:43:39
THE INCARTION OF JESUS CHRIST: 1 Peter 1:20'He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.' Before God put an atom into place IT WAS PLANNED THAT GOD THE SON WOULD TAKE THE FORM OF A SERVANT AS MAN. The Holy Spirit come upon Mary, and the power of the Highest overshadowed her and so she conceived Jesus Christ within her womb and gave birth to Him. Jesus was fathered by God performing a creative miracle. He was born in poverty and was what suspected of being an illegitimate child and grew up to become an artisan, a carpenter. He lived in a city which had a bad reputation-'can anything good come out of Nazareth?' JESUS CUT THE COVENANT: Jesus gathered the twelve to parti te in the COVENANT MEAL. JESUS THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB: His body was broken and torn apart and HIS BLOOD was poured out on the MEMORIAL TREE as a symbol to all generations that God had cut the covenant with all of mankind. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 3:59:44
HE EXCHANGED HIS ROBES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR OUR FILTHY RAGS, HE EXCHANGED HIS MIGHTY WEAPONS FOR OUR WEAKNESSES, HE EXCHANGED HIS HONOURABLE NAME FOR OUR SINFULNESS- 2 Cor. 5:21 THE COVENANT REMEMBERED: Like Mephibosheth, we hide in fear from the wrath of the King of Kings having lost all our ROYAL WEALTH. But the newly appointed KING sends the Holy Spirit and draws us to PARTAKE OF ALL THE PRIVELAGES OF THE KING BY VIRTUE OF THE COVENANT. Hebrews 2:14 'Forasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. *

endtimes 5/19/2007 - 4:19:49
*to be continued* *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 8:52:06
King Jesus sends His ambassadors to the Mephibosheths of this world to take their plabe at the King's Table, partake of the King's wealth and riches, enjoy the King's favour and have all that was lost restored back many times more. TERMS OF THE COVENANT: * We exchange robes; He took our sin- we His righteousness. * We exchange belts; He our weakness on the cross- We His power and strength. * We cut covenant; He died for us- we die to self. * We exchange names; Our names written in the Lamb's Book of life- His Name of power gives us reputation and authority. * We exchange possessions- Our poverty for His riches. *We eat the memorial meal; Remembering Him, examining ourselves and feed on Him. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 11:07:24
ENTER INTO THE COVENANT: John 6:53 - We are required to consciously, deliberately, and actively enter into this BLOOD COVENANT by: *Believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. *Receiving Jesus Christ as SAVIOUR, LORD AND KING. *Confessing and establishing the LORDSHIP of Jesus Christ in our life. THE SCAR OF THE COVENANT: The broken body of Jesus. *The seal of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13' In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.' The Holy Spirit is God's seal. By the Spirit we receive the CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART. This is a change of HEART. A witness to our being sealed by the Holy Spirit. Satan knows that there is MORE TO US THAN MEETS THE EYE, that the POWER, AUTHORITY and RECOURCES of CHRIST are behind what he sees to be lived out in us. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 11:30:22
THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT: Now that we have laid a BASIC FOUNDATION of the principle of a covenant and particularly the blood covenant we will now deal with the covenant that God made with Abraham, the father or example of our faith. The NEW COVENANT is the fulfilment of the ABRAHAMIC COVENANT. It is the NEW COVENANT in seed form, therefore it will benefit us to look into it. THE BACKGROUND: Gen. 1:26-27 ' Then God said: Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness; let them have dominion.... so God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.' Gen. 3:23-24 'Therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed a cherubim at the East of the garden of Eden to guard the way to the tree of life. *
---
endtimes 5/19/2007 - 11:44:46
God made man in His own image, gave him authority and caused him to be fruitful on the earth. The god of this world, the Serpent, Lucifer, Satan, then seduced man causing him to OBEY HIS VOICE and so SUBJECT HIS WHOLE DOMAIN to Satan, making him the god of this world. Satan stole God's masterpiece, God's creation-man. God gave His authority to man, man gave his authority to satan. God gave AUTHORITY AND DOMINION TO MAN and He will not take it back. Numbers 23:19 ' God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should repent. Has HE said, and He not do it? Or has He spoken and will He not male it good?' *
---
endtimes 5/20/2007 - 12:04:53
Gen. 2:17' ...but of the tree of knowledge of good bnd evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat it YOU SHALL SURELY DIE. Man disobeyd, man must be executed. Although God had given the death sentence for disobedience He still loves this man whom He created in His image according to His likeness, made to rule and be fruitful, therefore He had ALREADY PLANNED to REDEEM and RESTORE man. For God to redeem mbn He has to get man's agreement and acceptance. From the day man fell into sin and death God looked for a man to form a partnership with and to establish a covenant with. One day He approached Abram, living in an idol worshipping family, in the paganistic city of Ur in Chaldea, and He said: Gen. 12:1-3 'Get out of your country, from your kindred and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you; and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.' *

endtimes 5/20/2007 - 12:29:52
The proposal appeals to Abram bnd he believes God and begins to obey. He leaves Haran but takes his kindred and his father's household with him. They depart from Haran, north of Canaan after Terah, Abrams father, has died. Abram moves on to Canaan, taking Lot with him. God appears again and says: Gen. 12:7 '...to your descendants Iwill give this land. After a fall in faith, during a famine, Abraham goes to Egypt. When Abraham returns to Canaan we see that he is VERY WEALTHY and has many possesions. At this point he parts from Lot, his kindred, and God appears again and confirms that ALL THE LAND that he was walking in is his. God is revealing Himself to the man, Abram, and making Himself known to Abram so that He can believe. God adds more details to the proposal every time He speaks. *

oubaas 4.02.08 - 10:51am
PART THREE:

endtimes 5/20/2007 - 12:47:36
He says: * I AM your shield, your EXCEEDING great reward * I will make your descendants as many as the stars and the sand * Iwill give you an inheritance. Gen. 15:8 'Abram said, Lord God, how shall i know that i will inherit it'. Abram was ready to enter into a BLOOD COVENANT with the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE. God had found a one who chose to come into AGREEMENT with Him. Abraham chose to SUBMIT and YIELD to God's purposes. God swore an oath by HIMSELF putting His own NAME and His REPUTATION at stake. Gen. 17:4 ...'and God talked with him, saying: AS FOR ME, BEHOLD, MY COVENANT IS WITH YOU.' You can be sure when God makes an agreement then it is irreversable and irrevocable. *to be continued* *
---
endtimes 5/21/2007 - 10:49:32
THE PROCEDURE: God answered his question ,'how shall i know that i will inherit all this?' in Gen. 15:9 'So God said to him: Bring Me a three year old heifer, a three year old female goat, a three year old ram, a turtledove and a young pigeon. Then he brought these things to Him and CUT THEM IN TWO, DOWN THE MIDDLE, and placed each piece opposite the other: but the birds he did not cut in two. And when the vultures came down on the carcasses, Abram drove them away. Now when the sun was going down a deep sleep fell upon Abrm and behold horror and great darkness fell upon him.' When God asked for these animals Abram knew what God was doing. HE WANTED TO CUT A COVENANT. This is how serious God was about it. Abram required no further instructions, he merely prepared the offering. God put Abram to sleep so that Abram had nothing to do with it. It was one sided. God was setting up the most solemn and binding covenant known to man at that time- A BLOOD COVENANT. *
---
endtimes 5/21/2007 - 11:19:43
Gen. 15:17,18 ' And it came to pass when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there was a smoking and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. On the same day THE LORD MADE A COVENANT WITH ABRAM.'. THE PILLAR OF SMOKE AND FIRE: God, who was later to make Mt. Sinai shake and tremble, who was to appear as thunder and lightening making the whole nation tremble, WALKED THROUGH THESE PIECES OF FLESH CUT DOWN THE MIDDLE and established HIS COVENANT with Abram. By so doing He accepted the SACRIFICE based on the SHEDDING OF BLOOD and thus DECLARED that as fas as He was concerned this would be FOREVER, with all the descendants of Abram and especially with his SEED, CHRIST JESUS and ALL WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS by the SAME FAITH THAT ABRAM HAD. He put Abram to sleep because no one could see God and live. God Himself PERSONALLY CAME and ESTABLISHED HIS COVENANT. Gen. 15:5,6 ' Then He brought hin outside and said: Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them. And He said to him: So shall be your descendants be. And he believed the Lord, and he accounted it to him for righteousness.' Romans 4:21, 22 ' And being fully convinced that what God had promised He was also able to perform. Therefore it was accounted to him for righteousness.' *
---
endtimes 5/25/2007 - 9:53:28
THE EXCHANGING OF NAMES: Gen. 17:5 ' No longer shall your name be Abram, but your name shall be Abraham for I have made you a father of many nations.' Gen. 17:15 ' As for Sarai your wife, you shall no longer call her Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name. Then I shall bless her, and she shall be a mother of many nations. Kings of peoples shall be from her. Abraham and Sarah became inseparably linked with YHWH EL SHADDAI ELOHIM - A partner forever. *
---
endtimes 5/25/2007 - 1:50:01
EL and ELOHIM: EL comes from a word that indicates might and strength. When it is used for God, we have the meaning ALMIGHTY to indicate totality or completeness of might or strength. ELOHIM is the plural form of EL, this plural word is mostly used for God io the Old Testament. The 'H' in the new names of Abraham and Sarah stand for God's might and power. God's weapons, possesions and name became theirs. They could ask anything of God, and God was obligated to give it by virtue of the covenant. Any enemy of Abraham's became God's enemy, anyone who harmf Abraham incurred the wrath of God. God also had the rigt to demand anything from Abraham and Abraham was obligated to give it.

endtimes 5/25/2007 - 2:09:07
THE SEAL OR SCAR OF COVENANT: Gen. 17:4,9-14 ' As for Me, behold, MY COVENANT is with you... And God said to Abraham: AS FOR YOU, you shall keep my Covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. This is My Covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male child among you shall be circumcised: and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, aod it shall BE A SIGN OF THE COVENANT BETWEEN ME AND YOU... Circumcision was the sign of the Covenant between God Almighty and His friend Abraham. It was the scar, the seal and the sign that Abraham had a covenant Partner in the Lord God. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 11:27:03
Gen. 17:13 ' My Covenant shall be IN YOUR FLESH for an EVERLASTING COVENANT' WHY CIRCUMCISION?: THE significance of circumcision is that it represents the lusts of the flesh and THIS IS WHAT GOD WANTED DEDICATED TO HIMSELF. God wanted possession of the FLESHLY DESIRES OF MAN, this being the very thing that first seperated man from God. THE SEED OF ABRAHAM: Gen. 17:19,21'Then God said: No, Sarah your wife shall bear a son and you shall call his name Isaac: I will establish my Covenant with him for an everlasting Covenant, and with his descendants after him. My Covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at the set time next year.' In impossible cir tances, when it was beyond hope, Sarah miraculously conceived and gave birth to Isaac. Note by this time Ishmael is already born. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 11:52:56
Sarah was barren all her life, and she was past child-bearing age. God was showing Himself a worthy Covenant Partner, faithful and true. We now come to the most crucial moment of a covenant, the test as to how committed both parties are. God asks Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, his only son of Sarah. The chances of a recurrence of another child for Abraham and Sarah, naturally speaking, were nul. Gen. 21:12 'For in ISAAC your seed shall be called' Abraham had the PROMISE By asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son, God was showing that He was willing to sacrifice His ONLY begotten Son as a substitute for the sinner. In GENESIS 22 God provided a sacrifice in place of Isaac- revealing HIS PROVISION OF HIS SON as the Lamb of God TO BEAR AWAY SIN. Gen. 22:4 'Then on the third day Abraham lifted his eyes up and saw the place afar off. Abraham said to his young men: Stay here with the donkey, the lad and i will go yonder and worship. And we will come back to you.' ISAAC WAS AS GOOD AS DEAD FOR THREE DAYS, figuratively and on the third day he was restored to Abraham. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 12:32:32
Read Genesis 22:16-18 in relation to Galatians 3:15-18 'Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it was confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. Now to Abraham and his SEED were the promises made. He does not say, ' and to seeds', as of many; but as of one., and to your SEED, who is Christ... God gave it to Abraham by promise.' The NEW COVENANT is the fully grown product of the Abrahamic Covenant, the completion of what the Abrahamic Covenant began. THE Abrahamic Covenant was a picture of the NEW COVENANT, and its expansion form under Moses with its sacrificial animals was a picture of the final Covenant to come in Jesus. Jesus was the fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant and carried out the covenant. - He was circumcised, He lived His life fully acting on the COVENANT, HE made use of all His privelages. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 1:04:48
Jesus concenception and birth was SUPERNATURAL. When God cut the covenant with Abraham, He was pointing to THE CROSS WHERE JESUS WAS THE SIN OFFERING that was cut down the middle. His own body was broken and His own blood was shed. Great darkness came upon the earth as God hid His face from all the awful sinfulness of man placed on Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the LAMB OF GOD who was seen sacrificed on the Mount of the Lord- CALVARY. Gen. 22:14 And Abraham called the name of the place THE LORD WILL PROVIDE, as it is said to this day; In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided. God's promise (Gen. 17:13) 'My COVENANT shall be in YOUR FLESH for an EVERLASTING COVENANT. God fulfilled His promise through Jesus Christ, THE SEED of Abraham. Because of the promise God had to come in flesh through natural birth. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 1:27:39
Jesus is EMMANUEL, GOD WITH US. He was born of a woman. God became man and dwelt among us. He could not fall back on His heavenly power when things got tough. Jesus emptied Himself voluntarily of His glory and was a real man who came to fulfill the LAW and THE PROPHETS. He was subjected to every temptation that we are subjected to, yet He was without sin. Adam, while surrounded by abundance of all things in the luxurious garden of Eden fell, but Jesus overcame in the midst of GREAT LACK OF THINGS and in the wilderness, having nothing to eat for forty days. Adam was defeated while things were easy, but Jesus overcame in great adversity and pain. Read Philip. 2:8 and Rom. 5:17 When man fell through disobedience, he plunged the whole race into bondage to disobedience, but when he overcame through obedience by the Man Jesus, the way to LIBERTY OF OBEDIENCE was opened to the whole human race.

oubaas 4.02.08 - 10:52am
PART FOUR:

endtimes 5/26/2007 - 2:08:00
John. 10:1-21 This is where Jesus says He is the True Gate. The only right way to to enter into this planet earth and be part of the sense realm is through the gate of natural birth. THe gate of the natural birth is Jesus Christ the Creator THROUGH WHOM GOD MADE ALL THINGS. Jesus not only came in by the gate but He is the True Gate. The fact that man is born of woman gives him the privelage to partake of all the benefits of the earth. Satan however did not create the natural world, nor was he born into the natural world, so he has no right to partake of its benefits. In spite of this, he still gained access to the natural world, this is why demons enter human bodies or animals so that they can have some say or do damage in here. This is not coming in by the gate, but by some other way, and only a thief or a robber does this. His purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. The Gate or the Creator of the natural realm, entered into the natural realm via the gate (natural birth), because He is the true Shepherd of the Sheep who has come to give LIFE MORE ABUNDANT. God is a SPIRIT, has entered the earth through natural birth in the person of Jesus Christ to reclaim authority for man. Heb. 2:14. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 2:32:25
THE LAMB: Right throughout scripture the LAMB is used by God as a symbol. By the time we get to the book of Revelation, Jesus has been referred to as the LAMB 22 times. The lamb is probably the most helpless and dependent of all animals. A lamb never resists or fights when it is being slaughtered, but offers itself to be killed. On the contrary, the lamb gives the following invitation to man: * If you hunger, kill and eat me * If you are cold, warm yourself with my wool * Do you need a sacrificial offering, sacrifice me. We will take a look at the PASSOVER, and how it is related to the New Covenant. The Israelites were ravaged and weakened by many years of slavery. They had to make bricks for the Egyptians, which meant they had to spend most of their days standing waist deep in mud pits. As a result many were ill and weak. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 3:47:24
THE RITUAL: Read Exodus 12:3-20 ****THE TENTH OF THIS MONTH: This refers to the tenth of the month Nissan according to the Jewish calender and is about the middle of March to the middle of April. It was the first day of the Passover when they had to take a yeas old little ram and scrutinize it for three days to make sure it had no spot or blemish. THE FOURTEENTH DAY: On the third day of examination, the fourteenth day of the month, the lambs had to be slaughtered, the blood had to be collected and applied to the doorposts with a branch of hyssop. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 4:10:34
The meat had to be roasted on a fire without one bone being broken. The FIRE speaks of God's wrath and judgements that came upon the sacrificial lamb, while the breaking of bones refers to an age-old tradition amongst the sheperds. According to this tradition, the forelegs of an obstinate and disobedient sheep were broken to ensure the safety of that sheep. THE MEAL: The family had to eat the whole lamb that very same night. The whole lamb had to be inside the family. The nation had to eat this meal standing, while fully dressed, with their weapons attached. THE UNLEAVENED BREAD AND BITTER HERBS: From the evening of the fourteenth to the twenty first of the month, they had to eat unleavened bread with bitter herbs. Leaven is a symbol of sin and unrighteousness. It represents sin that was left behind in Egypt. The bitter herbs is a reminder of the bitterness that Egypt brought upon them. THE GIRDLE OR BELT, SHOES, STAFF: While they were eating, they had to be ready to suddenly depart. That is why they had to be girded, they had to have their shoes on and their staffs in their hands. The Passover was to be celebrated yearly, on the same day of the same month. The first indication that the nation had forgotten the Covenant was when they neglected the Covenant meal or Passover. When they repented, however, the reinstitution of the Passover was the first sign of their repentance. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 4:29:54
THE APPLICATION: They had to eat one lamb per family; as they as they departed and passed through the BLOOD-SMEARED door posts, each family took with them a lamb within them and in so doing, walked to freedom as a family. The blood on the doorposts was the COVENANT SIGN. THE BREAD BAG: From the time of exile until today, they use a little bread bag at the Passover, wherein there are 3 small unleavened loaves packed on top of one another. They symbolize ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB. When the Passover is celebrated, they remove only the middle loaf, break it and eat it. But why break Isaac? THE CUP: During the yearly Passover, it is the practise to set one empty place, with one specific cup- THE CUP- out of which no one ever drunk. For the Jew, this points to the branch of David - THE MESSIAH, which is to come. After Passover, THE CUP is carefully packed away, to be taken out again the following year on the fourteenth of Nissan. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 4:48:56
THE SHEPERDS: According to Jewish practice, a specially chosen breed of sheep is bred for the specific purpose of being slaughtered for the Passover. This stud was kept in the wilderness, away from any town and had special shepherds to care for them. The Jewish law does not allow any sheep to be kept near a city. At the time of the Passover, only the chosen year-old lambs were brought to the city, to be examined for three days in the temple, before being slaughtered. At the birth of Jesus, we find shepherds tending their sheep outside the city gates. Was it possible those shepherds who had the task of tending the specially bred lambs and werent they just outside the city gates at precisely that time because it was time for Passover? Was Jesus possibly born on this day- the 10th day of the first month Nissan? Luke 2:10-11

endtimes 5/26/2007 - 5:10:34
It was to these shepherds that the angel of the Lord appeared to announce the good news of great joy. THE CITY OF DAVID: *BETLEHEM means House of Bread. *Christ THE LORD, HE is the BREAD OF LIFE. Was it pure chance that the shepherds received the first announcement of the birth of Jesus? Jesus, THE LAMB OF GOD, JESUS, THE GOOD SHEPHERD. John the Baptist saw Him and said: BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD who TAKES AWAY the sins of the world! All who were on the banks of uhe Jordan rives immediately knew that he was referring to the Messiah, the Passover Lana. With the institution of the Passover, the lamb symbolically destroyed the snake of Egypt. (The Pharao's crown is a coiled snake of pure gold and the snakes head reaches down to where it is in line with the Pharao's eyebrows)Here is the Lamb of God, who has come to set free everyone that entangled in the grip of the snake and destroy the snake, not only the one in Egypt, but ultimately, the snake of Eden, Satan, through the BLOOD OF THE NEW COVENANT. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 5:33:30
Gen. 3:15 Here we see who God was referring to. THE SEED OF THE WOMAN (Jesus). The serpent's head (authority) was bruised by Jesus, through the shedding of His blood and through His natural birth. THE ENTRY OF JESUS: Mark 11:7-11 ' Then they brought the colt to Jesus.... and others cut down leafy branches and spread them on the road... and those who followed cried out saying: HOSANNA! BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD! Blessed is the KINGDOM..,' This wasn't the first time that Jesus entered Jerusalem. Why was this different? Why didn't He stop the crowd when they hailed Him so loudly for the whole city to hear? THE PASSOVER LAMB OFFERED HIMSELF TO BE EXAMINED AS THE PASSOVER LAMB. It was the tenth day of the first of the month. While the Passover lambs were being herded into the city through the Sheep Gate, to be taken to the temple for inspection,the PASSOVER LAMB, JESUS, was escourted into the citz via another gate, to the inner court of the temple, to be questioned. *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 6:02:04
THE CURSING OF THE FIG TREE: On the eleventh day of the first month, Jesus cursed the fig tree. Why? When FIRST ADAM failed, he covered his nakedness with a fig leaf. What does the fig tree speak of? It was the symbol of man's OWN ATTEMPT to COVER the shame of his sin, or nakedness, SELFRIGHTEOUSNESS. Jesus was on His way to cv the NEW COVENANT, the covenant of God's righteousness. Before He could do that, Jesus spoke death to it by cursing SELFRIGHTEOUSNESS right down to its root. Never again will righteousness come THROUGH THE LAW. THE INTERROGATION: Jesus is tried by the CHIEF PRIESTS, SCRIBES AND ELDERS Mark 11:27,28 - They questioned the authority of Jesus. - Jesus is tried by the Pharisees and Herodians Mark 12:13 - They wanted to catch Him saying something against Ceasar. Jesus is tried by the Sadducees - Mark 12:18 - They wanted to involve Him in their theologies and traditions. - Jesus is tried by the Jewish Sanhedrin Mark 15:53-65 - Jesus before Pilate - Matt. 27:11-24 'Pilate took water and washed his hands saying:I am innocent of the blood of this just person.' *

oubaas 4.02.08 - 10:53am
PART FIVE:

endtimes 5/26/2007 - 6:29:53
Mark 12:34- 'But after that no one dared question Him.' THE LAMB OF GOD was examined and questioned for three days but in Him they could find no fault or blame. THE COVENANT MEAL: Luke 22:15-20 'With fervent desire Ihave desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.' Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said: take this cup and divide it among yourselves, for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the Kingdom of God comes. And He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it and gave it to them saying: This is My body which is given for you, do this in remembrance of Me. Likewise He also took the cup after supper saying : This is the NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.' *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 6:53:03
Jesus took the little bread bag and took out the middle bread, just as any other host would have done and shared it amongst His disciples with these words:- This is My body which is given for you....' The bread bag with the three loaves in it points to the TRINITY. The Israelites had held in their hands the symbol of the Trinity for so many centuries but never knew it. The one bag, with the three breads symbolize the Father, Son and Holy Spirit- take the Son out, He came to earth and was broken for our sins- but for the Jews it represented Abqaham, Isaac and Jacob. The Messiah will come from Isaac Gen. 17:19 *
---
endtimes 5/26/2007 - 7:14:01
During the meal they used various cups to drink from. When Jesus took THE CUP at the end of the meal and spoke these words: THIS IS THE CUP OF THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.... since Jeremiah utterf these words- NEW COVENANT- in Jeremiah 31:31-34, it was the first time they were used in about 500 years. His disciples immediately knew that something extraordinary was taking place before their very eyes, because no-one had ever taken THE CUP and drank from it. When He spoke these words, His disciples knew that He was going to cut a Covenant with God on behalf of all of mankind. THE CRUCIFICTION: At NINE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, the specific time for the lambs to be taken to the temple to be slaughtered at 3pm, Jesus was crucified. *
---

endtimes 5/27/2007 - 8:25:41
On the cross Jesus was cut off from His Father- He was seperated from the SOURCE OF LIFE. Sin seperated man from God. In the Garden of Getsemane Jesus prayed: Matt. 26:42' My Father? If this cup cannot be taken away until I drink it, your will be done. Jesus was without sin, but all the sins of the world had to be transferred upon Jesus. Jesus yielded and drank the dregs of universal sin. In this cup was ALL the sins of the sons Abraham, centuries of their rebellion, idolatry, incest, murder, lies and deceit. Also the sins of the heathendom, their idolatry, blasphemy, all loathsomeness of all heathen imagination could conjure up. All the battles, wars, the pain and suffering, the staggering depravity of heathendom, all malfeasance of mankind. Also the sin of the fallen creatures of the other realm. The full corruption of the d*mned spirits, the foulness of the fallen angelic host, the perniciousness of the princes of perdition. Jesur had to drink this cup and empty it. *
---
endtimes 5/27/2007 - 8:46:05
On the cross Jesus became the sin offering and was seperated from His Father for the first time in eternity. God, through Jesus provided the perfect Lamb, acceptable to Him, without spot or blemish, for the altar of His covenant- the cross. Because Jesus was a LAMB WITHOUTHOUT BLEMISH, HE COULD LAY DOWN HIS OWN LIFE ON BEHALF OF ALL MANKIND. Scripture states that the SOUL WHO SINS SHALL DIE, but He did not have to die for His own sin because HE HAD NONE. If Jesus were just a man who somehow managed to live without sin, by rights He would not die. If He were to die, however, He could pay the price of just ONE other man because life equals a life. BUT JESUS IS GOD WHO CAME IN THE FLESH AS THE PERFECT SACRIFICE. *
---
endtimes 5/27/2007 - 9:13:04
It was at exactly 3pm that the sun reflected off the knives that were being used to slaughter the lambs that Jesus cried out with a loud voice- IT IS FINISHED. Never again will it be necessary for a Passover lamb to be slaughtered for the sins of man, because the Passover Lamb has paid the full price. The Passover lambs were a type, a mirror-image of beacons which pointed to the PASSOVER LAMB, JESUS CHRIST. None of the Passover lambs slaughtered from that time have been valid, because Jesus was the last PASSOVER LAMB to be slaughtered. Mark 15:37,39 'And Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed His last. So when the centurion, who had stood opposite Him, saw that He cried out like this and breathed His last, he said, 'TRULY, THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!' Jesus denied the centurion the opportunity to announce His death by doing it Himself. Just then the veil was torn. The moment Jesus died, man was SET FREE OF HIS DEATH SENTENCE FOREVER. The Word of God required that a man shall die and be forever seperated from God. When Jesus died, the SON OF MAN DIED as our substitute. He came under the death penalty and suffered death. He committed HIS SPIRIT TO THE FATHER AND THEN DIED PHYSICALLY and descended to the place of the dead where He conquered death by rising from the dead. *
---
endtimes 5/27/2007 - 9:38:55
COVENANT OF GRACE: Man's AUTHORITY has been completely RENEWED BY JESUS THROUGH THE NEW COVENANT. This has been done by a BINDING COVENANT made with the BLOOD OF JESUR, sealed when He entered the THRONE ROOM of God WITH HIS OWN BLOOD. In this way, He proved that the death penalty was satisfied and fulfilled. The perfect sacrifice was made ONCE FOR ALL on the heavenly altar as Jesus died on the earthly cross. We are now the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, we are adopted as heirs sitting in heavenly places when we BELIEVE and OBEY like Abraham. This is an inexhaustable topic, for when you look at the Tabernacle of Moses, the rituals, feasts and sacrifices, it all points to JESUS CHRIST and is a mirror image of the NEW COVENANT. STUDY THE BOOK OF HEBREWS for indept knowledge on this subject. This topic was taken from my Bible College Notes. *
---
endtimes 22.01.08 - 06:41am
WHAT A MIGHTY, AWESOME GOD WE SERVE! FLOWER.GIF

oubaas 16.08.10 - 12:55pm
Please also refer to the topic: Covenant Seed at http://oubaas.wapgroups.com *

* ARMAGEDDON Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ARMAGEDDON

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups