ARMAGEDDON - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ARMAGEDDON > Topics

Subject: TRINITY
Replies: 47 Views: 2191

rugue 1.07.10 - 12:25am
I need to know what you guys think about the Trinity? *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:08am
RFb1rRSTN39mgJINLZxH.jpg This is a term that cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. It is a theological term used to describe a teaching which is derived from several passages in the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments.
It really says: THREE-UNITY This term refers to the fact that God, who really is one (in essence) has made Himself known (revealed Himself) to us in three ways.

When you get to know a person, you can tell somebody what he is like. We learn what God is like in three Persons:

-God the Father

-God the Son

-God the Holy Spirit. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:09am
Eph 3:9
And to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ.

Gen 1:26
And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness...

Gen. 1:2
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Although the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit are revealed to us in our final understanding in the New Testament, it is clear to us that all three Persons of the Godhead were present from before time began. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:11am
GOD IS ONE

Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

This was the specific message that came to Israel in a world that worshipped many false gods and idols and does not conflict with the N.T. teaching of the Trinity.
God is not an absolute unity, but rather a compound unity. We read about man and wife who shall be one flesh (Gen 2:24) and how a whole nation can act as one man...

Judges 20:11
So all the men of Israel were gathered against the city, united together as one man.

The word ONE used in these verses is a different word as used to convey absolute oneness. Deut 6:4 uses the plural Name of God ELOHIM. This shows us that although God reveals Himself to us in three persons, He is inherently ONE SPIRIT, indivisible in component parts, numerically one, free from composition. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:14am
The New Testament teaches this truth with the same clarity:
James 2:19

You believe that there is One God. You do well. Even the demons believe that - and tremble!

In the New Testament, God revealed that He is not only one, but a family of persons - an eternal, inexhaustible, and dinamic triune family of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are one in will and purpose, love and righteousness.

THE TRINITY DEFINED:

In order to clearly understand that the Godhead is a Trinity in a Unity, we must not stress either the threeness or the oneness to the point where we fall into Tritheism (believing in three Gods) or forgetting the distinction of Persons (Sebellianism - that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are merely three aspects of manifestations of God) *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:15am
From before time began, before any creature existed, there was an eternal fellowship between the three distinct Persons of the Godhead - every One of Whom was God, and was conscious of the other Two. Therefore there could also be a manifestation of the existence of LOVE. Otherwise, one could reason, how could God be Love - since God doesnt change?

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:17am
GOD IS LOVE FROM BEFORE ETERNITY.

The three Persons operate in singleness of mind and purpose, so that we can say that They are truly one:

-The Father CREATES

-The Son REDEEMS

-The Holy Spirit SANCTIFIES

In each work we see all three PRESENT. The Son and Holy Spirit co-operate in the creative work. The Father and the Spirit sent the Son to redeem. The Father and Son co-operate in the sanctifying work of the Spirit. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:19am
For the work of man's redemption, the Son entered the world in a new way when in New Testament He took upon Himself human nature. He was given a new Name - Jesus. At Pentecost, the Holy Spirit entered the world in a new way as the Spirit of Christ, being embodied in the Church, which is made up of all individual believers. We see that:

-The Father testified of the Son (Matt 3:17)
-The Son testified of the Father (John 5:19)
-The Son testified of the Spirit (John 14:26]
-The Spirit testified of the Son (John 15:26) *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:21am
THE WORD TRINITY:

Although the word trinity is not in the Bible, it was used as early as 181 AD (Greek:Trias) and by Tertullian in 220 AD (Latin: Trinitas). The trinitarian formula is mentioned in the Great Commission (Matt 28:19) and in the benediction of the apostle Paul's second Epistle in the Corinthians (2 Cor 13:14)

In the Christian theology, the term TRINITY means that there are three eternal distinctions in One Divine Essence (being). These eternal distinctions are known as:

-Father
-Son
-Holy Spirit

The doctrine of the trinity means that within the being and activity of one God, there are these three distinct persons. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:22am
THE ATHANASIAN CREED:

A fixed formula to summarize the articles of Christian religion is called a creed, and carries the authorization of the whole Church. It is thoroughly based on Scripture, the result of hundreds of years of discussions amd an*lyses of the Word. It is more specific than just JESUS IS LORD or a benediction:
2 Cor 13:14
The Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:24am
Athanasius (4th Century) said:

We worship one God in the Trinity, and the Trinity in unity;
we distinguish among the persons, but we do not divide the substance.
The entire three Persons are co-eternal and coequal with One another, so that...we worship complete unity in Trinity and Trinity in unity.

This is the great mystery of God - His glory can not be measured *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:26am
EXPLANATION BY ILLUSTRATION

For a better understanding, we may look at nature and human personality.

Nature

- Water appears in three forms - fluid, solid (ice) and gas (steam)

- Fire brings forth heat, light and fumes [smoke]

The Sun's rays are invisible, but when blocked, give light and heat (known to scientists as actinic, luminiferous and calorific)

- A triangle has three sides and angles yet one surface and one shape. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:27am
Human Personality

- Man is one -
Yet consists of
-spirit
- soul
- body

Indication by Paul's Letters:

Paul gave a subtle indication of his trinitarian view by the way he organized some of his writing. part of Romans is outlined as follows:

-Judgement of God upon all flesh (Rom 1:18 - 3:20)

-Justification through Faith (Rom 3:21 - 8:1)

- New Life in the Spirit (Rom 8:2-30) *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:29am
We find a similar pattern in Galatians:

- Justification through Faith (Gal 3:1-29)

- Adoption into sonship (Gal 4:1-7)

- Christ makes free from the law (Gal 4:8 - 5:15)

- New Life in the Spirit (Gal 5:16 - 6:10)

When we think of God, we obviously cannot have more than a fraction of an idea of What, How and Who He is. But we should always be aware of the multiplicity of His personality, the immensity of the variety of the aspects of His character and the vastness of the gap between what we understand Who He really is. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:34am
YOU
DO
NOT
NEED
TO
UNDERSTAND
A MYSTERY
TO
AKNOWLEDGE
IT.

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:38am
SHADOWS AND REVELATION

When studying the Bible, one is astounded again and again by the unity of the book as a whole: the Old Testament will point to something while the New Testament outlines it clearly. what is only a shadow of a truth becomes the revealed light.

It is quite a relief to discover that what we learn about the doctrine of the Trinity could only be known by revelation through the Scriptures. Let us have a look at the Old and New Testaments in turn. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:40am
OLD TESTAMENT SHADOWS:

We have already mentioned the plural form of the Name of God, ELOHIM. Although this could be so for the purpose of intensity, it must have made an impression on the Hebrew speaker whenever he heard or uttered this name, that there is a plurality of persons in the one God. Because of the worship of many gods in the world around them, the Israelites had to be taught first that God Elohim is one God. The accent was clearly on this truth. Certain verses, however, point to a trinity.

Psalm 2:7
I will declare the decree: the LORD has said to Me, You are My Son, today I have begotten you. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:44am
Isaiah 48:16
Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit has sent Me.

Isaiah 63:9
In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His presence saved them; in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them and carried them all the days of old.
From these verses we see the Son and the Father are distinguished. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:46am
Gen. 1:1
In the beginning GOD created.. And the SPIRIT of GOD was hovering over the face of the waters.

Gen 6:3
And the LORD said, My SPIRIT shall not strive with man forever.
Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me away from Presence, and do not take your HOLY SPIRIT from me.
Isaiah 40:13
Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord, or as His counsellor has taught Him?

From these verses we see the Spirit and God (the Father) are distinguished. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:48am
THE TRIPLE USE OF HOLY:

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried to another and said: HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!

THE TRIPLE BENEDICTION:

Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:50am
THE ANGEL OF THE LORD

This phrase is often found when one of the O.T. characters met up with God in person. This was a foreshadowing of the second person of the Godhead coming in the flesh. He was a messenger angel.GIF and yet spoke with godly authority in the first person. See Genesis 22:11,12 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:51am
Exodus 14:19
And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:53am
The Old Testament clearly anti tes the fuller revelation of the New Testament.
ALL THREE PERSONS ARE MENTIONED:

- Father - Isaiah 63:13 Malachi 2:10

- Son (Messiah) - Daniel 9: 25,26 Jeremiah 23: 5, 6

- Holy Spirit - Isaiah 11: 2 Isaiah 61:1 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:54am
NEW TESTAMENT REVELATION

In Jesus' trinitarian teaching in John 14-16 not only the unity and equality of the three persons of the Godhead are stressed, but also selfless love for one another. This is a mofl to the Christian family of believers in the church.

The Father bears witness to the Son, having given all authority to Him. The Son gives glory to the Father and claims nothing for Himself. The Father and Son serve each other and yield to the wishes of the Spirit, Who in turn witnesses to the Son, glorifying the Father. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:56am
John 8:18
I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:57am
John 12:49-50
For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 07:59am
There is a oneness that is eternally dynamic. Inexhaustible mutual love spills over into the creation and Their generous cooperation brings salvation to the lost. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:01am
John 14:15-17, 25-26
If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, that He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of truth, Whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:02am
Some N.T. passages mention the three Divine Persons:

Matthew 3:16, 17
Matthew 28:19
2 Corinthians 13:14
Hebrews 9:14
Galatians 4:6
1 Peter 1:2 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:04am
EACH PERSON IN THE GODHEAD IS GOD

The early Christian believers had as their background the strong belief, and would testify, that We believe in one God. The words of Jesus were to them a proof that He was God.

Rom 9:5
...of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, Who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:05am
They also knew that the Holy Spirit is God. He was not a mere influence or feeling, but a Being with personality whom they could know through soul communion. He was the One teaching, guiding and inspiring them in newness of life. So they knew that God is One. They also knew that the Father is God, the Son is God and that the Holy Spirit is God. This was their view of what we now call the doctrine of the Trinity. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:07am
The Father is God
John 6:27
Romans 1:7
Galatians 1:1
James 1:17

With the Father of lights there is no variation or shadow of turning. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:09am
The Son is God

Numerous Scriptures could be quoted, but let us take a look at His attributes, office and prerogatives of deity. (Lat: Deus = God)

The Attributes of Deity

He is..
- Eternal - Has no beginning or end John 1:1 John 8 :58

- Omnipresent - Is everywhere - John 3:13 Matthew 28:20

- Omniscient - Knows all things - Col 2:3 Matt 11:27

- Omnipotent - Is all powerful - John 5:19 Rev 1:8

- Immutable - Does not change - Heb 1:12 Heb 13:8 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:10am
THE OFFICE OF DEITY - CREATOR

Col 1:16
Heb 1:10

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS (prerogatives) OF DEITY

- Forgive sins Matt 9:2 Luke 7 :47

- Raises the dead in the resurrection John 5:25 John 11:25

- Will execute judgment John 5:22 Acts 10:43
Jesus Christ, our Saviour, Judge and King. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:11am
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD

In order to show that the Holy Spirit is God, we first estclish that He is a Person. This is clear from several facts:

Personal pro nouns are used of Him John 14:26

He is called the Helper (Comforter) - Expressing personality John 15:26 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:13am
Personal Characteristics are ascribed to Him:

-Intellect - 1 Cor 2:11
- Sensibility - Rom 8:27, 15:30
- Will - 1 Cor 12:11

Pesonal acts are performed by Him

- Regenerates - John 3:5
- Teaches - John 14:26
- Convicts - John 16:8-11
- Guides into truth - John 16:13
- Calls into service - Acts 13:2
- Speaks - Rev 2:7
- Intercedes - Rom 8:26
- Searches out - 1 Cor 2:10
- Works - 1 Cor 12:11 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:17am
HE IS TREATED IN A PERSONAL WAY

- Tempted - Acts 5:9
- Lied to - Acts 5:3
- Grieved - Eph 4:30
- Resisted - Acts 7:51
- Insulted - Heb 10:29
- Blashemed - Matt 12:31 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 08:18am
He is, like Jesus, also Deity. This means that He is a Divine Person. Let us look at some reasons:

ATTRIBUTES OF DEITY

- Eternal - Heb 9:14
- Omniscient - 1Cor 2:10
- Omnipotent - Luke 1:35
- Ommipresent - Psalm 139: 7- 10.

HE IS TREATED IN A PERSONAL WAY

- Tempted - Acts 5:9
- Lied to - Acts 5:3
- Grieved - Eph 4:30
- Resisted - Acts 7:51
- Insulted - Heb 10:29
- Blashemed - Matt 12:31 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 04:16pm
Work of Deity are ascribed to Him

- Creation - Job 33:4
- Inspiration - 2 Pet 1:21
- Raising the dead

IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FATHER AND THE SON

- Baptismal Formula - Matt 28:19
- Apostolic Benediction - 2 Cor 13:14
- Work in the Church - 1 Cor 12:4-6 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 04:18pm
The words and works of the Holy Spirit are considered the words and work of God.

Exodus 16:7
Psalm 95:8-11

The Holy Spirit is called God.

Acts 5:3-4 *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 04:20pm
Hope my answer helps to clarify any questions about the Trinity *

6j0 1.07.10 - 05:33pm
WOW!!
clap3.GIF VERY VERY GREAT POST OF THE TRINITY ENDTIMES!! YOU REALY PUT IT PERFECT!!
God c everything u do for Him!
And i know He smile and say: Thanks my child.yes.GIF
Amen!

rugue 2.07.10 - 12:53am
Thanks for the lecture Endtimes. I never understood the Trinity better! *

jewely31 2.07.10 - 01:44am
Well done and explain well Sis Endtimes. Praise the Lord. good.GIF *

leonado1 21.12.11 - 08:43am
Trinity is of the devil,ask me y. *

leonado1 23.03.12 - 06:10pm
No Sisi ,Father,Son and Holyghost they are the officies of which God has been wrking and He is wrking.

leonado1 9.04.12 - 03:40am
Father,son and holyghost these are nt names they are titles. *

endtimes 12.05.12 - 02:12pm
Distinct Offices yes leonado, maybe it is a better way of putting it.the names helps the reader to distinct between the offices and functions of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. *

* ARMAGEDDON Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ARMAGEDDON

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits