Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ARMAGEDDON - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ARMAGEDDON > Topics

Subject: can sombody help me out
Replies: 47 Views: 1159

busi2 13.06.10 - 12:30pm
1 kings 19-11.in dis scripture it seems lyk dey ar many Lords,cause de ada one is pasing by,de ada one is on de mountain.hu ar dis Lords? De is also a stil smal voice wher does it comes 4rom. *

endtimes 14.06.10 - 08:15am
And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah? (1 Kings 19:9). And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: (1 Kings 19:11). And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah? (1 Kings 19:13). *

endtimes 14.06.10 - 08:27am
I dont see in any of these verses any referrals of two differrent Lords. It refers to the same Lord. Elijah is on the mountain of the Lord, the Lord passes by, Elijah hears from the Lord, also in his spirit the still small voice of the Lord. We see Elijah experiencing physical manifestations of the Lord, we see he hears the Lords voice audibly, and in the still small voice in his spirit where we as believers today hear from God most commonly. *

busi2 14.06.10 - 04:51pm
Im realy not anserd,not at all. *

6j0 14.06.10 - 07:13pm
buzi their was only 1 lord, can u give more info how u see it please. Thr is 4 commands to Elijah and 3 great things God was not in.
In 1 King 19:11-18
One thing God was in: A Still Small Voice. *

6j0 15.06.10 - 01:07pm
1 Kings 19:11-15
4 Commands to Elijah:
1. Go forth (v 11)
2. Stand upon the mount before Jehovah.
3. Go, return (v 15)
4. Anoint Hazael, Jehu, and Elisha (v 15-18)

6j0 15.06.10 - 01:17pm
3 Great Things God Was Not In:
1. A great wind (v 11)
2. A great earthquake
3. A great fire(v 12) *

6j0 15.06.10 - 01:46pm
One Thing God Was In:
a still small voice (v 12)
This can be a great lesson to people who believe that loud, boisterous, and highly demonstrative worship is the mark of power from God, and that quietness is a sign of a lack of the Spirit.
On some occasions God was revealed in mighty thunderings (Ex. 20:18 Rev. 10:3,4)
BUT HERE ONLY IN THE STILL SMALL VOICE.
Buzi i hope this help. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:01pm
When u read d passage from d start of d chapter, u'll understand that God has been dealing with Elijah thru his angel. After Elijah complained to God and requested that d Lord should take his life in verse 4, d Lord sent his angel to help and to give him his word. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:10pm
In verse 5, ''... Then an angel of the Lord touched him and said unto him arise and eat'' in verse 7, the angel of d Lord came to him d second time and said: ''arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee'' Here the angel made Elijah to know that he must meet with d Lord in mount b. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:14pm
Elijah arose in verses 8 and 9 to b, but hid himself in a cave on the mount to spend d night there. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:19pm
From verse 9, I believe that d Lord himself, this time, spoke to Elijah in that cave. ''What dost thou here Elijah?'' *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:29pm
Elijah replied in verse 11, still complaining. Elijah replied to this question from d Lord by declaring d COVENANT NAME of the LORD as his usual way of addressing d Lord, ''THE LORD GOD OF HOSTS. D same is in verse 14. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:38pm
This I think seems to confuse Busi. Elijah was not refering to another Lord, but d same one who questioned him. The next statement clearly substantiates this: ''for the children of Israel have forsaken THY covenant, thrown down THINE alters, and slain THY prophets with the sword. ...'' *

festus36 15.06.10 - 02:39pm
He was still refering to d same Lord who appeared to him. answering him in his covenant name: I HAVE BEEN JEALOUS FOR THE LORD GOD OF HOST. As if he was talking of a different person of d Lord. This is d usual way Elijah refers to d Lord. D covenant name Elijah knew God. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:09pm
In verse 11, there seems to be a bit of translation problem. The KJV says: ''And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold the LORD passed ...'' Now it looks like the Speaker here is refering to another personality different from himself, but it is not so. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:19pm
The message translation of the bible is clear on this: ''Go out and stand before me on the mountain'' the Lord told him. And Elijah stood there, the Lord passed by ...'' Here d Speaker is referring to himself. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:27pm
There are 3 episodes in verse 11. One, the Lord said to him to go and stand before him on the mount. Two, Elili did not, but stood in d cave. Three, D Lord decided to encounter him by 3 signs, but the Lord himself was not in those signs. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:38pm
In verse 12 ending, the Lord appeared in a still small voice. God can be separated from signs even from him, but cannot be separated from his voice. You have read some of what 6jo wrote. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:45pm
After Elijah heard that voice, he came out of the cave in verse 13: ''And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. ...'' *

festus36 15.06.10 - 03:54pm
The voice of d Lord came to him d second time. Elijah replied in verse 14, the same way he replied in verse 10. So, from verse 15, the Lord instructed him what he must do finally. He also answered his complaints. Read from verse 15-18. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 04:01pm
This final word of instructions from the Lord was d major reason why the Lord wanted to meet with Elijah in b the mount of the Lord, the mount of covenant. The final instruction was going to determine the destiny of Israel in the very near future. *

festus36 15.06.10 - 04:06pm
There are no three Lords in the passage, but one: JEHOVAH! I hope this clears ur doubt Busi. *

endtimes 15.06.10 - 06:31pm
Thank you 6j0 and festus36, for clear explanations, even i understand it better now *

6j0 15.06.10 - 07:38pm
festus good layout of the WORD! clap2.GIF *

festus36 16.06.10 - 11:19am
Tanks sis endtimes. Tanks bro 6jo. I pray the coming of d entire world to South Africa won't leave her the same. *

endtimes 16.06.10 - 03:33pm
Amen! Lets pray for positive change *

busi2 17.06.10 - 05:05pm
What u ar saying it might b good 4 sombody not 4 me, i nid ansas not qouting of scriptures.can sombody dig deeper and help me pls. *

6j0 17.06.10 - 07:26pm
busi can u explain it how u see it? Maybe u can learn us somthing here.yes.GIF tnx lot sis. *

withus 17.06.10 - 08:41pm
tanx busi 4 da question dat will make us 2 go deep in da word en 2 ask da holy spirit,dan 2 depend in our knowledge dan da holy spirit.I m still searching en waiting in da holy spirit im come back wen i get da ansar *

talkmore 20.06.10 - 02:10pm
deep question hope i can help busi but l want answer u in sesotho can l write sesotho *

6j0 20.06.10 - 02:48pm
mouthdrop.GIF *

endtimes 21.06.10 - 05:45am
please keep to english so that we all can understand talkmore *

talkmore 21.06.10 - 10:47pm
@ busi hope u need only verse 11 to verse 13 if l understand ur question tell me b4 l can answer. *

busi2 23.06.10 - 11:12am
Can u kindly ansa me pls Tokmor *

rapha1 23.06.10 - 07:20pm
Im wainting talkmore *

talkmore 23.06.10 - 09:58pm
I tryed to underline u questions busi who are this Lords? Let check first the place where the man of God is, is in the mountain of the Lord my sotho bible says: is the mountain of Jehovah, this mountain is own by one Lord called Jehovah and remember this Lord is every where at the same time, and in His present everything worship. Hope u remember in this verse we see the movement of the owner that worship the owner of the mountain..... Continual soon *

fifybaby 25.06.10 - 12:58am
confused.GIF!!! Well I do understand whats being said here,but what confuses me is this: Elijah was ordered 2 go to da mountain of God rite? But how come there was no God in wind,earthquake and fire but only in a small voice? Everything in da presence of da lord worships,why couldnt the wind,earthquake and fire obey and be filled with his presence? banghead.GIF

fifybaby 28.06.10 - 10:46pm
Can someone pls answer and clarify my questions!!! We are here 2 help and build each other as the body of Christ,rite? So I'm sure these questions cant be that difficult for people who live,eat and breath da word of God(amen)! *

withus 30.06.10 - 08:25pm
I see 2 lords in dis verse like busi bcs it says da lord pased by (first)en after da strong wind tore into da mountains en broke da rocks in pieces (before) da lord.Da word before in dis contest means -in front dat means dis tings hapenend in front/in da eye of da lord but da lordwas not there.I went 2 da dictionary of angel en find dat dez an angel called da Lord(Lev 1V1)wo is da messenger of God.Dat means da other lord is an angel en da small voice it was da Almighty God!!! *

jewely31 1.07.10 - 02:38pm
This passage pertains to one and only God. He is an Omnipresence God that means He is everywhere. (Read Psalms 139)
The word...The Lord is about to pass by... As Elijah complaining to God then God commanded him to go out and stand in the presence of God, for He is about to pass by...
God visited Elijah on Mt. b to encourage and strengthens Elijah's faith. This visitation was accompanied by a Great Wind, Earthquake and Fire, but the Lord was in none of those events. Instead God's revelation came in the form of a Gentle Whisper. Elijah learned that God's work proceeds and advances, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. ZECHARIAH 4:6. *

endtimes 1.07.10 - 04:26pm
Very gud answer sis jewely31 hug.GIF. Thank you *

6j0 1.07.10 - 05:11pm
clap3.GIF
Amen jewely! *

endtimes 2.07.10 - 05:37am
i thank all of you who contributed to the answers to this question *

busi2 5.07.10 - 09:13pm
if de Lord dat passed by was GOD wy was he not afraid? luk at wat he did wen he heard a still smal voice nobody has seen GOD and lived *

463 6.07.10 - 11:14am
He haven't seen God because God wasn't in the wind, earthquake or fire. He only heard him. A gentle whispe. V13 when Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave(new international version bible) *

talkmore 6.07.10 - 11:39pm
the question is the first voice was speaking was the voice of God or of angel or man? *

* ARMAGEDDON Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ARMAGEDDON

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits